If you own a piggery or are involved in the pig industry you may be able to produce carbon credits under the federal governments Carbon Farming Initiative’s Destruction of methane generated from manure in piggeries methodology.
The methodology involves the capture of biogas generated by the decomposition of the piggery manure waste in anaerobic lagoons, and the combustion of the methane component of the biogas.
The abatement activity includes:
- Covering anaerobic lagoons
- Installing gas collection and combustion systems
- Collecting the biogas; and
- Combusting the methane component of the biogas
Energy Farmers can help you:
- Assess the eligibility of your project under the CFI regulations
- Link to technology providers that specialise in methane capture from piggeries
- Register yourself as an offset entity
- Register your project
- Carry out project reporting and administration
- Aggregate and broker your carbon credits