If you’re the operator of a landfill site you may be able to produce carbon credits under the federal governments Carbon Farming Initiatives, Avoided emissions from legacy waste deposited in landfill methodology.
The methodology involves the collection and combustion of methane from legacy waste deposited in landfills by a landfill gas extraction system.
The abatement activity includes:
- Installing a gas collection system (including wells, flares and electricity generation systems)
- Collecting landfill gas and,
- Combusting the methane component of the landfill gas using flares and/or an electricity generation system to convert it to carbon dioxide which is released to the atmosphere.
Energy Farmers can help you:
- Assess the eligibility of your project under the CFI regulations
- Link you to technology providers that specialise in methane capture from landfill
- Register you as an offset entity
- Register your project
- Carry out project reporting and administration
- Aggregate and broker your carbon credits
Contact us to learn more