What is anaerobic digestion & biogas?
Anaerobic Digestion (AD) is a process where organisms and microbes break down organic wastes in the absence of oxygen to produce biogas. Biogas is rich in methane and can be used to provide heat and power, a valuable by-product of the process is digestate. Digestate is rich in nutrients and can be used as a compost or to replace traditional fertilisers.
Energy Farmers Australia specialises in anaerobic digestion & biogas project development and can help you develop your project, large or small.
What types of wastes are suitable for anaerobic digestion & biogas?
Any organic waste such as:
- Agriculture wastes (e.g. manure, crop residues)
- Waste from food processing industries
- Organic waste from restaurants and food markets
- Abattoir waste
- Organic waste from households
Anaerobic digestion & biogas project outputs
Anaerobic digestion & biogas facilities can present economic and environmental benefits including:
- Avoided disposal costs
- Electricity sales
- Recycled nutrients
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Potential carbon credit under the Carbon Farming Initiative
- Renewable energy certificates
Our business model
We work with you to find the right technology to meet your requirements and our business model ensures that we are there with you from the outset of the project to it’s completion, sharing the risks, minimising the costs and maximizing your returns: We also:
- Arrange financing and approvals
- Register the project for carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates
- Organise power purchase agreement and connection arrangements
For more information on on how you can get your anaerobic digestion & biogas project off the ground please contact us.