Are you interested in bioenergy?
What is bioenergy?
Bioenergy is energy derived from organic matter or biological sources such as plants and animals. Often bioenergy is made from wastes, or from by-products of existing processes i.e. wheat straw from cropping or manure from piggeries.
Waste suitable for bioenergy
- Agricultural residues (including straw and manures)
- Council wastes (green waste & MSW)
- Commercial & industrial wastes
- Food wastes
- Energy crops such as Mallee
There are a number of existing and emerging technologies that can recover the energy from waste and organic matter. We partner with technology providers and offer a complete service. We work with you to scope, design and deliver solutions that recover energy from problematic waste streams to meet onsite power requirements. We specialise in:
- Anaerobic Digestion & Biogas
Benefits of bioenergy
Bioenergy projects offer you a range of benefits including:
- A potential alternative income stream
- Value adding your wastes
- Thermal and electrical energy
- Nutrient rich by-products
- Alternative weed control
- Reduced burning of crop residues
- Carbon credit potential under the Carbon Farming Initiative
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- Being part of a new and exciting industry.
Want to set up your own project?
To learn more and how you can get involved, please Contact us.
Links – Bioenergy Australia